Compliance Officer, The Green Waste Company - £18,000 to £21,000 per annum
The Green Waste Company want to recruit a graduate to review, implement improvements and manage relevant business systems so to ensure compliance with legislation and industry standards for composting and waste recycling.
Established in 1999, The Green Waste Company principally compost over 20,000 tonnes of green waste and wood per year. Operating from its base in Hayle, The Green Waste Company is a successful and growing business with a range of customers and key contracts. Legislation surrounding composting processes exists as does a business ethos to strive towards better than best practice environmental standards. As the business grows, a new dedicated role as Compliance Officer is required to ensure legislation and ethical business philosophy is ensured.
• Review relevant industry compliance and best practice industry standards
• Review the current business systems which ensure compliance and best industry practice
• Make recommendations and implement improvements to ensure compliance and standards to achieve best industry practice
• Manage the day to day business compliance and best practice standards
• Develop relationships and liaise with relevant compliance and industry standards bodies
• Represent the business at events to network with key stakeholders and promote the business
Nature of Work
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the successful candidate will quickly become familiar and gain knowledge relevant to the legislative and best standards to which it operates. The successful candidate will review current relevant business systems, recommend and implement improvements to ensure legislative and industry standards compliance. The successful candidate will operate and manage the day to day activities associated with relevant business systems and will liaise with all stakeholder involved. In addition, developing excellent working relationships and representing the company at networking and promotional events will form an integral part of the role.
• Degree qualified in Environmental Science or related relevant subject area
• Knowledge of legislative and industry standards relevant to composting
• Detailed, methodical, accurate and process focused approach
• Excellent team player and customer service skills
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Driving license
• Graduates must not have previously been supported in a UCP Graduate Placement programme*
• Experience within a similar role
• Graduates should ideally (but not necessarily) have graduated within the last 5 years and be unemployed or not fulfilling their graduate potential*
This position is supported by the Unlocking Cornish Potential (UCP) scheme. UCP is a graduate level placement scheme which works with businesses to recruit and support ongoing business development through the placement of a graduate. In some cases, the business may choose to recruit a recent graduate and take advantage of a support package that UCP provides to assist the graduate to be successful in the job role. For more information about the eligibility criteria, please visit ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ under the Graduates menu of the website http://www.unlockingcornishpotential.co.uk
• This is a permanent contract
• Expected start date is July/August 2012
Vacancy Ref and How to Apply:
Please send a C.V and formal covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role to: Katie Rollason, Graduate Recruitment Officer quoting reference number CM/1853/P1211 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01209 616340 for more information. Please ensure you state the original source where you viewed this vacancy.
Closing date for applications: 2nd July 2012
Interviews week beginning: 16th July 2012
The Green Waste Company, Splattenridden, Hayle, Cornwall TR27 6LH
Monday 2nd July 2012