PR Account Manager - MPAD - £20,000 – 24,000 per annum
MPAD is looking to employ a graduate to join the team as an Account Manager and support the company’s growth by delivering creative and effective marketing and PR campaigns working closely with MPAD’s directors and business development manager.
MPAD was established in 1999 by Mark Picken with the aid of Prince’s Trust funding. Since then MPAD has grown to be one of the most recognisable marketing, PR, advertising and design companies in Cornwall and Devon, with a growing reputation for its excellent public relations consultancy. The company prides itself on strong writing skills, a creative approach and great media contacts each of which ensure its clients get noticed. MPAD has an environmental management system and works to minimise its impact on the environment wherever possible. MPAD’s clients range in sector specialisms and include voluntary, green, engineering, professional services and tourism.
• Effectively manage a portfolio of PR accounts
• Generate extensive coverage on behalf of our clients
• Create clear and engaging copy for print and web-based marketing projects
• Harness social media and the latest PR tools to add value to client campaigns
Nature of Work
Day to day work includes press release writing, monitoring media for coverage and opportunities for coverage, commissioning and booking photography, media relations and responding to media enquiries, copywriting for brochures, emails or websites. We also expect the successful candidate to develop and implement strategies, maintain and build relationships with clients and associated administration to ensure client accounts are managed effectively, internal reporting and updating clients of progress. There will also be opportunity to generate creative ideas for marketing projects working with the MPAD team. We are looking for a candidate with proven experience of managing projects or marketing/PR accounts and who is comfortable handling a busy workload.
• Degree level qualification in Business, Marketing Journalism or Public Relations
• Or if first degree in another subject area, then a postgraduate qualification in Journalism or Public Relations – e.g. NCTJ Journalism qualifications
• Demonstrable media and/or PR experience
• Excellent writing skills – mastery of writing for news, features, and commercial copywriting
• Experience of successful project management
• Flexibility and ability to work in a fast paced team environment with continually changing priorities
• Creative person with ability to problem solve
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Full driving license or willingness to travel to meet clients and attend events
• Graduates must not have previously been supported in a UCP Graduate Placement programme*
• Awareness of social media and e-marketing
• Able to use following IT packages: - Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Experience within a similar role in a PR agency
• Graduates should ideally (but not necessarily) have graduated within the last 5 years and be unemployed or not fulfilling their graduate potential*
This position is supported by the Unlocking Cornish Potential (UCP) scheme. UCP is a graduate level placement scheme which works with businesses to recruit and support ongoing business development through the placement of a graduate. In some cases, the business may choose to recruit a recent graduate and take advantage of a support package that UCP provides to assist the graduate to be successful in the job role. For more information about the eligibility criteria, please visit ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ under the Graduates menu of the website http://www.unlockingcornishpotential.co.uk
Six months initially but there will be a permanent position for the right candidate.
Vacancy Ref and How to Apply:
Please send a C.V and covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role to: Katie Rollason, , Graduate Recruitment Officer quoting reference number AP/409/P417 to email@example.com or call 01209 617689 for more information.
Closing date for applications: 27th June 2012. Interviews to be held early July. Start date expected in August 2012.
MPAD, Godolphin House, 7-8 Cathedral Lane, Truro, TR1 2QS
Wednesday 27th June 2012