Sales & Marketing Manager - Dash Wholesale - £18,000 to £20,000 per annum
Dash Wholesale are looking to build on their success in the outdoor activities and ecommerce markets by recruiting a commercial, intelligent graduate to take ownership of sales and marketing for the business
Dash Wholesale specialises in the supply of maps and other products to consumers and trade customers across the UK through a variety of channels. The company is the largest wholesaler of Ordnance Survey maps in the country and operates three successful ecommerce websites. Over the last six years Dash have built a strong reputation in this market and with a skilled team behind the business they feel there are significant opportunities for growth. This is a great opportunity to join a growing business and the sales and marketing manager role will be key to unlocking those growth opportunities.
• Take responsibility for cultivating relationships with existing and potential customers in order to maximise customer service and sales
• Identify and approach potential new markets and customer groups through targeted campaigns. Customer groups would include: Wholesalers, Tourist Information Centres’s, Schools, Independent retailers, and Convenience Stores, Bookshops, Map & book shops, Garden centres, Seasonal outlets, Gift shops, Outdoor retailers, Online sellers and Consumers
• Taking responsibility for existing and new marketing channels which would include: SEO/Ad words (liaising with agency), Emailshots (liaising with agency), Online and offline advertising, Viral marketing, PR and editorial promotion, Trade shows, Sponsorship, Collaborations (such as Duke of Edinburgh Awards etc.), Own branded products
• Establishing and managing a structured timetable for marketing activities.
Nature of Work
The successful candidate will be working closely with the commercial manager of Dash Wholesale to help build the business and the brand. You will be responsible for all aspects of sales and marketing from setting the strategy, designing marketing tools and materials and ensuring those are effectively utilised. Measurement of success will come from both KPIs and financial results. You will be fully supported in this role by the business to ensure your success.
• A relevant Degree level qualification
• Analytical, creative, commercial and have excellent attention to detail with exceptional standards of communication
• Team player with ability to use initiative and display common sense
• Graduates must not have previously been supported in a UCP Graduate Placement programme*
• eCommerce experience
• Previous responsibility in a sales and marketing based role
• Experience of project management
• Graduates should ideally (but not necessarily) have graduated within the last 5 years and be unemployed or not fulfilling their graduate potential*
This position is supported by the Unlocking Cornish Potential (UCP) scheme. UCP is a graduate level placement scheme which works with businesses to recruit and support ongoing business development through the placement of a graduate. In some cases, the business may choose to recruit a recent graduate and take advantage of a support package that UCP provides to assist the graduate to be successful in the job role. For more information about the eligibility criteria, please visit ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ under the Graduates menu of the website http://www.unlockingcornishpotential.co.uk
The role will initially be for a period of 12 months with the possibility of longer term or permanent.
Vacancy Ref and How to Apply:
Please send a C.V and formal covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role to: Heidi Whitehead HR Manager at email@example.com Please ensure you state the original source where you viewed this vacancy.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 1st May 2012
Tuesday 1st May 2012