Renewable Energy Product Specifications Engineer, sAs & Trewartha’s - £20,000 per annum
sAs & Trewartha’s want to recruit a graduate to provide the technical product expertise required to maximise opportunities that exist through the Feed in Tariff, Renewable Heat Incentive and the new Green Deal and by enhancing existing products.
sAs & Trewartha’s is a long established and successful heating and plumbing engineering business providing new systems and maintenance to domestic and commercial markets. The recent competitive emergence of renewable energy technologies together with highly efficient conventional heating systems has provided the recent growth and future focus for the business. To support this growth, a new Product Specifications Engineer is required.
• Specify and provide the technical knowledge for renewable energy and energy efficiency products
• Research the funding mechanisms behind the Green Deal, identify and recommend the products and services the business should offer & implement.
• Oversee the implementation of Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) accreditation for Combined Heat and Power (CHP) energy systems, wind power and to streamline existing procedures.
Nature of Work
Reporting to and initially being mentored by the Managing Director, the successful graduate will initially gain a good understanding of the business, current products and market place. Once established, the successful candidate will be the central point for product specification and technical expertise specifically for renewable energy technologies and CHP systems. The successful candidate will research and identify a strategy for the business to maximise opportunities through the new Green Deal and other existing and emerging funding streams.
• A degree level qualification in Renewable Energy or related subject area
• Methodical, accurate and process focused approach
• Excellent customer service skills, communication and organisational skills
• Driving license.
• Graduates must not have previously been supported in a UCP Graduate Placement programme*
• Experience within the renewable energy sector
• Experience within a similar role
• Ability to manage teams
• Ability to adapt and enhance existing structures to meet the ever changing environment of the heating and renewables industry.
• Graduates should ideally (but not necessarily) have graduated within the last 5 years and be unemployed or not fulfilling their graduate potential*
This position is supported by the Unlocking Cornish Potential (UCP) scheme. UCP is a graduate level placement scheme which works with businesses to recruit and support ongoing business development through the placement of a graduate. In some cases, the business may choose to recruit a recent graduate and take advantage of a support package that UCP provides to assist the graduate to be successful in the job role. For more information about the eligibility criteria, please visit ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ under the Graduates menu of the website http://www.unlockingcornishpotential.co.uk
• This is a permanent contract
• Expected start date is May/June 2012
Vacancy Ref and How to Apply:
Please send a C.V and formal covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role to: Katie Rollason, Graduate Recruitment Officer quoting reference number CM/1723/P1055/UCP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01209 616340 for more information. Please ensure you state the original source where you viewed this vacancy.
Closing date for applications: 8th May 2012
Interviews week beginning: 21st May 2012
sAs and Trewartha’s, Unit 1, Miller Court, Miller Business Park, Station Road, Liskeard, PL14 4DA
Tuesday 8th May 2012