Junior Fund Manager – FC Fund Managers - £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
FC Fund Managers are aiming to recruit and train a motivated graduate to conduct investment portfolio analysis including monitoring of current equity, mezzanine and loan positions and detailed analysis of new investments for the current funds managed.
FC Fund Managers is an FSA registered fund management company. It is currently managing out a portfolio of debt and equity clients of former objective one and two funds based in the South West as well as managing new funds for external clients. Further private equity and debt funds are likely to be raised in 2012. Between 2002 and 2008, Finance Cornwall invested £18 million in 135 businesses. This investment levered an additional £39 million into the Cornish economy, safeguarded 2,000 jobs and created 500 more. Finance Cornwall was part-funded by the European Union through the Objective One Programme for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. FC Fund Managers is responsible for the management of these investments.
• Successfully manage existing investments
• Provide support to the business in order to increase fund management capacity
• Develop relationships with new and existing clients
Nature of Work
The successful graduates will be responsible for conducting investment analysis as part of the team of fund managers based in Truro. Reporting directly to the CEO of FC Fund Managers you will work closely with potential and existing investee companies, undertake due diligence and manage clients through the investment appraisal process as well as managing a portfolio of existing investments. Full training for this role will be provided through UCP and FC Fund Managers.
• Degree level qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Positive, pro-active, self-motivated approach
• Ability to manage a portfolio of work and deliver to a challenging brief
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to analyse scientific data and present it in an organised format
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and familiarity with financial statements
• Proven project management experience
• Financial accounting experience
This role is permanent for the right candidate
Vacancy Ref and How to Apply:
Please email a C.V and covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role to: Joanne Ramsdem, PA to Chief Executive, email@example.com or call 01872 272288 for more information.
Closing date for applications:
30th April 2012
14 High Cross, Truro, Cornwall TR1 2AJ
Monday 30th April 2012