Marketing and Web Assistant - G.J.Hendra Ltd Cornwall - £16,000 to £18,000 per annum
Hendras are looking for a graduate to help market the businesses, manage the website and assist in the development of a new e-commerce shop to increase sales and profitability across the business.
Hendras is a family owned and run business based in Truro which has been trading for more than 65 years and in recent years has grown from its roots in Retail Pharmacy to diversify into a number of related and unrelated sectors which include a retail healthstore; hair and beauty Salons; a business specialising in the restoration and sale of classic cars and a business on the Isles of Scilly which retails a variety of giftware and includes an off licence. Over the last ten years the company has constructed the new Lemon Street Market in Truro which is home to eleven independent trading units and a large first floor art gallery and Cafe. Within this development the company currently runs the Explorers Cafe and the first floor Lander Gallery and cafe. The company still maintains its contact with pharmacy on the High Street and in the surgery in Penryn in collaboration with the local Doctor’s practice. The company currently employs around sixty staff over the various sites. Following the successful establishment of these businesses the company now needs to dramatically improve its on and offline marketing strategy and establish an online sales facility in all sectors.
• Assist in the creation of a successful e-commerce site based on the company’s current web site.
• Update and create content for http://www.hendras.co.uk including the use of content management system.
• Develop online and offline marketing materials through creation of written content for print and the web
• Develop online marketing opportunities through social media, video and email marketing as part of the marketing strategy.
• Work with departments to create rolling window display programmes providing point of sale (POS) materials as required.
• Plan promotional events with departments and assist in their delivery
Nature of Work
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate who would enjoy working across many different business facets and help the organisation to grow. This will involve assisting in the construction of the e-commerce facility and develop the existing website to generate sales. The successful candidate will work with the directors to develop a number of marketing projects and events for Hendras and the Lemon Street Market with particular focus on the web. This will include the development and management of web-presence, SEO and e-marketing and communications function utilising all aspects of electronic communication and new-media. This role will be key in the growth of the company and will require a strong web-based knowledge. Full training and support will be given through the Unlocking Cornish Potential Scheme.
• Degree level qualification ideally in marketing, ecommerce, design or relevant discipline
• Highly motivated and self starter with can do attitude
• Highly adept in all areas of ICT and e-commerce
• Experience in website administration and management including the use of content management systems
• A good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop Illustrator and Indesign
• A positive pro-active, flexible approach
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent organisation and time management skills
• Ability to adapt to working within a small management team with many projects ‘on the go’ simultaneously
• Graduates must not have previously been supported in a UCP Graduate Placement programme*
• Ability to write high quality copy for web and print
• Up to date knowledge and experience of utilising e-communication technology including SEO, Google Adwords, social media and email marketing
• Graduates should ideally (but not necessarily) have graduated within the last 5 years and be unemployed or not fulfilling their graduate potential*
This position is supported by the Unlocking Cornish Potential (UCP) scheme. UCP is a graduate level placement scheme which works with businesses to recruit and support ongoing business development through the placement of a graduate. In some cases, the business may choose to recruit a recent graduate and take advantage of a support package that UCP provides to assist the graduate to be successful in the job role. For more information about the eligibility criteria, please visit ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ under the Graduates menu of the website http://www.unlockingcornishpotential.co.uk
Vacancy Ref and How to Apply:
Please send a C.V and formal covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role to: Katie Rollason, Graduate Recruitment Officer quoting reference number LO/50/P1072/UCP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01209 616340 for more information. Please ensure you state the original source where you viewed this vacancy.
GJ Hendra Ltd, Head Office, 6-9 Lemon Street, Truro, TR1 2LQ
Tuesday 12th June 2012