Studio Manager - Sideways - £16,000 to £20,000 per annum
Sideways are looking for a multi talented graduate to oversee and manage the studio, as well as project manage the client process by providing their growing client list with an exceptional ‘Sideways’ experience.
Simply put, Sideways create videos that work. Based in Cornwall, but working nationally and internationally, they champion creativity and thought provoking content. Founded in 2009, Sideways has gone from strength to strength and is growing rapidly and works to the mantra ‘Be Original or Die’. Creative content and ideas drive the business and rapid growth has led to the need for someone to champion the organisation create and deliver processes to support the operation and enhance the client experience.
• Project manage the client process from initial contact with Sideways right through to delivery
• Uphold and enhance the Sideways client experience, ensuring it is exceptional
• Manage internal operations and schedules
• Monitor freelancers’ time and effectiveness
• Create and administer internal procedures and databases ie. Equipment log, client list etc.
• Significantly increase the company’s efficiency and organisation
Nature of Work
This is a superb opportunity for a talented, driven and able graduate to become part of a developing business with a strong national client base and a growing profile. You will be required to have exceptional communication, writing and organisational skills; be confident working independently and deal efficiently with daily tasks in a positive manner. The graduate will be expected to focus on building new and current client relationships and will have the ability to manage a project from start to end. You will take ownership of and responsibility for this process, ensuring deadlines and expectations are met and executed perfectly. It is essential that this person is a team player, is open to new ideas, has a supremely positive and pro-active outlook and is incredibly organised. In a nutshell Sideways are looking for someone who can become a key part of their success and someone who can grow with the company. Please note this is not a filming or editing role and the final salary will be negotiable.
• Degree or HND in a relevant discipline
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Strong digital/IT and new media skills
• Demonstrable project management skills
• Strong customer service skills and the ability to carefully manage expectations
• Attention to detail and deadline oriented
• Graduates must not have previously been supported in a UCP Graduate Placement programme*
• Experience working off own initiative
• Experience working to tight deadlines
• Experience working under pressure
• Experience in the creative industry
• Full clean driving license
• Project management experience within the creative sector
• Graduates should ideally (but not necessarily) have graduated within the last 5 years and be unemployed or not fulfilling their graduate potential*
This position is supported by the Unlocking Cornish Potential (UCP) scheme. UCP is a graduate level placement scheme which works with businesses to recruit and support ongoing business development through the placement of a graduate. In some cases, the business may choose to recruit a recent graduate and take advantage of a support package that UCP provides to assist the graduate to be successful in the job role. For more information about the eligibility criteria, please visit ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ under the Graduates menu of the website http://www.unlockingcornishpotential.co.uk
Initially 12 months. The role is then permanent to the right candidate.
St Agnes, Cornwall
Vacancy Ref and How to Apply:
Please send a C.V and formal covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role to: Katie Rollason, Graduate Recruitment Officer quoting reference number CP/1112/P1107/UCP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01209 616340 for more information. Please ensure you state the original source where you viewed this vacancy.
Sunday 25th March 2012