Applications Engineer, ARCOL Ltd - £22,000 - £26,000 per annum
ARCOL Ltd want to recruit a graduate to increase turnover by identifying and developing new and existing customer applications for ARCOL products and for the products the company represents in order to influence product development and marketing strategies.
Originally established in 1952, ARCOL Ltd manufacture wirewound resistors for a wide range of industrial applications for electronic and electrical power generation, motor drives and protection circuits. As a world class supplier, ARCOL Ltd also represent a number of other resistor products from other global suppliers. As an expanding and successful business ARCOL seek to maximise market potential by identifying new applications for its own manufactured and other supplier products.
• Develop a detailed knowledge of ARCOL and re-sale products and applications
• Research the market place, liaise with customers and re-sale suppliers to develop relationships and identify new applications for ARCOL and re-sale products
• Liaise with ARCOL engineers to communicate, develop and realise products for new customer applications
• Produce new application related commercial and technical literature to support the sales department
Nature of Work
Responsible to the Commercial Director, with on-site mentoring and support from the Technical Director, the successful candidate will initially work with the sales and design teams to develop a detailed knowledge of the performance of ARCOL’s own and represented products. In order to increase global sales, the successful candidate will research new applications for existing and new products and in doing so will develop relationships with key clients and re-sale suppliers. To ensure opportunities are maximised, the successful graduate will liaise with engineering and sales departments to assist with product design and produce technical literature as required.
• A degree level qualification in Engineering/Physics or related subject
• Excellent ability to assimilate and communicate technical information
• Excellent ability to identify and develop commercial opportunities
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Driving license.
• Graduates must not have previously been supported in a UCP Graduate Placement programme*
• Experience within an engineering and/or technical sales environment
• Good commercial understanding
• Graduates should ideally (but not necessarily) have graduated within the last 5 years and be unemployed or not fulfilling their graduate potential*
This position is supported by the Unlocking Cornish Potential (UCP) scheme. UCP is a graduate level placement scheme which works with businesses to recruit and support ongoing business development through the placement of a graduate. In some cases, the business may choose to recruit a recent graduate and take advantage of a support package that UCP provides to assist the graduate to be successful in the job role. For more information about the eligibility criteria, please visit ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ under the Graduates menu of the website http://www.unlockingcornishpotential.co.uk
• This is a permanent contract
Vacancy Ref and How to Apply:
Please send a C.V and formal covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role to: Katie Rollason, Graduate Recruitment Officer quoting reference number CM/647/P107 to email@example.com or call 01209 616340 for more information. Please ensure you state the original source where you viewed this vacancy.
ARCOL UK Ltd, Threemilestone Ind. Est, Truro, Cornwall TR4 9LG
Interviews week beginning: 16th April 2012
Sunday 1st April 2012