Resource Researcher, Summit Sustainable - £16,000 per annum plus commission (OTE c£23,200 pa uncapped)
To utilise research methods to source new, existing and quality candidates for both contract and permanent positions within the low carbon and sustainability sector.
Established in 1999, Summit Recruitment specialise in the identification of candidates for specialist contract and permanent IT appointments throughout the UK and overseas. As the environmental sector has grown and specialist environmental roles have developed within all sectors, Summit have identified an opportunity to launch a new recruitment management product and business ie Summit Sustainable to take advantage of this growing market. To support this, a portfolio of potential candidates need to be sourced and selected to satisfy demand.
• Develop an overview of the businesses within each of the low carbon and sustainability sectors that Summit Sustainable operates in
• Develop, a variety of techniques and knowledge to identify suitable candidates so as to provide a suitable shortlist for ongoing vacancies
• Use interview methods to judge the suitability of candidates and register suitable candidates on the database
• Support the Recruitment Consultant in developing the sustainability division
Nature of Work
Working within a small team, you will specialise in sourcing quality candidates for both contract and permanent positions within the sustainability industry for our recruitment consultants to submit to their clients. The successful candidate will build a portfolio of high quality potential candidates through executing various search methods (advertising/searching CV databases/ networking /web-based research/social networking) and interviewing (normally telephonically). The successful candidate will perform administration duties as required and keep up excellent communication with candidates who are within the recruitment process. The successful candidate will also play an active part in the marketing of Summit Sustainable.
• A degree in a relevant subject area
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
• Excellent research skills
• Excellent commercial acumen
• Graduates must not have previously been supported in a UCP Graduate Placement programme*
• Knowledge of Renewable energy and/or low carbon sector/sustainability (ideally relevant degree).
• Another European language, e.g. German, French, Spanish a plus but not essential
• Graduates should ideally (but not necessarily) have graduated within the last 5 years and be unemployed or not fulfilling their graduate potential*
This position is supported by the Unlocking Cornish Potential (UCP) scheme. UCP is a graduate level placement scheme which works with businesses to recruit and support ongoing business development through the placement of a graduate. In some cases, the business may choose to recruit a recent graduate and take advantage of a support package that UCP provides to assist the graduate to be successful in the job role. For more information about the eligibility criteria, please visit ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ under the Graduates menu of the website http://www.unlockingcornishpotential.co.uk
• This is a permanent contract
Vacancy Ref and How to Apply:
Please send a C.V and formal covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role to: Katie Rollason, Graduate Recruitment Officer quoting reference number CM/689/P997 to email@example.com or call 01209 616340 for more information. Please ensure you state the original source where you viewed this vacancy.
Summit Recruitment, Launceston, PL15 9LR
Thursday 29th March 2012