Marketing & PR Executive – Trevornick Holiday Park - £16,000 – £20,000 per annum
Trevornick, is looking to recruit a graduate Marketing and PR Executive to help lead the growth and development, of its 5 star touring park, its award winning fun park, 18 hole, par 3 golf course and self-catering cottages.
Trevornick Holiday Park has been owned by the Hartley family since its beginnings in the 1960s when the farm, overlooking the spectacular Holywell Bay, started to look for ways to diversify. Its journey from campsite for the local Scout Jamboree to 5 star leisure park considered by Visit Britain this year to be one of the top 10 campsites in the UK, is a success story with its roots in the Cornish sand dunes. It is a mature company with a reputation for excellence but its shy marketing strategy has allowed it to remain relatively low profile, and it is this that it now seeks to change.
• Research and define Trevornick’s target market by gathering key information from customers
• Evaluate the current marketing mix, both locally and nationally, and implement changes as appropriate
• Generate new relationships with local businesses to raise awareness of Trevornick
• Work with existing stakeholders to increase awareness of Trevornick in Cornwall and the local community.
• Generate new sales opportunities that allow the park to maximise different revenue streams
• Consistently improve the content and quality of the website, to enable it to be fun, engaging and effective at keeping customers interested and involved.
• Implement and monitor appropriate social media strategies to improve customer interaction and website traffic
Nature of Work
This is a fantastic opportunity for a graduate who can deliver a constant supply of fresh ideas and engage with the media to help develop this impressive holiday park. The role will include identifying and joining in the right social and other media conversations surrounding Cornwall and family tourism. You will also have the confidence to form firm new alliances with other excellent Cornish (and out of county) businesses, and help Trevornick promote itself as the award winning family run Cornish business it is. The emphasis on the company’s Cornish roots is not to be mistaken for a limited vision but rather as a commitment to its environment and identity. The company is proud of its business and its relevance to UK tourism and seeks a creative, enthusiastic and self motivated graduate to join their hard-working family business.
• Degree level qualification in marketing, Business or related subject
• Confident, creative, commercially minded and self-motivated approach
• Understanding of family tourism in Cornwall
• Good interpersonal, IT, administration and analytical skills
• An understanding of marketing, sales or business development
• An understanding of public relations and media liaison
• Knowledge of content/web management software
• Demonstrable experience of working on own initiative
• An understanding of networking and social media
• Graduates must not have previously been supported in a UCP Graduate Placement programme*
• Marketing understanding preferably in the leisure sector.
• Understanding of managing a successful project from start to finish
• Graduates should ideally have graduated within the last 5 years and be unemployed or not fulfilling their graduate potential*
This position is supported by the Unlocking Cornish Potential (UCP) scheme. UCP is a graduate level placement scheme which works with businesses to recruit and support ongoing business development through the placement of a graduate. In some cases, the business may choose to recruit a recent graduate and take advantage of a support package that UCP provides to assist the graduate to be successful in the job role. For more information about the eligibility criteria, please visit ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ under the Graduates menu of the website http://www.unlockingcornishpotential.co.uk
12 months, This post is permanent for the right candidate
Vacancy Ref and How to Apply:
Please send a C.V and formal covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role to: Katie Rollason, Graduate Recruitment Officer quoting reference number JL/1830/P1217 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01209 616340 for more information. Please ensure you state the original source where you viewed this vacancy.
Closing date for applications: 22nd June 2012
Interviews week beginning: 25th June 2012
Trevornick Holiday Park, Holywell Bay, Newquay, Cornwall TR8 5PW
Sunday 8th July 2012