New Product Development Graduate– Crantock Bakery - £16,000 – £20,000 per annum
Crantock Bakery is looking for a New Product Development Graduate to consolidate recipes to improve business efficiency whilst maintaining customer satisfaction
Established in 1981, Crantock Bakery manufacture and distribute a number of different savoury and sweet food products including pasties, sausage rolls, pies, turnovers, scones and cakes. Crantock supply a number of different markets and customers with their own branded and customer branded products. Ensuring customer satisfaction with a balance of product choice and availability together with efficient business operations is paramount to success. To help maintain this balance a New Product Development graduate is required to review and consolidate product recipes.
• Identify recipes which can be amalgamated in order to reduce quantity
• Analyse and test new products and ingredients to ensure taste parameters, functionality and performance and modify the product as necessary and appropriate
• Explore and recommend cost reducing opportunities, without deteriorating the quality of the product
• Evaluate the ingredients used in products and identify ways in which the cost may be reduced
• Contribute toward the development of new product lines
• Carry out any tasks required in order to enhance the success of the department and the business as a whole
Nature of Work
Reporting to the New Product Development Manager, the successful candidate will initially review the current range of products and recipes and work with the team to explore the potential for ingredient and cost reduction as well as ongoing product development. The successful graduate will form an integral part of the team and be proactive in ensuring food hygiene as well as health, safety and environmental management is of high quality.
• Degree level qualification in Food Manufacture or related subject area
• Ability to analyse data and produce clear, accurate and relevant information
• Work with a continuous attention to detail.
• Budgeting and costing knowledge
• Demonstrable experience of working on own initiative but enjoy being part of a quality and customer focused team
• Flexible communication skills
• Friendly, respectful and approachable
• Active listener and willing to learn
• Graduates must not have previously been supported in a UCP Graduate Placement programme*
• Demonstrable experience in a continuous improvement environment
• Experience of a Food Production environment
• Experience of managing a successful project from start to finish
• Graduates should ideally have graduated within the last 5 years and be unemployed or not fulfilling their graduate potential*
This position is supported by the Unlocking Cornish Potential (UCP) scheme. UCP is a graduate level placement scheme which works with businesses to recruit and support ongoing business development through the placement of a graduate. In some cases, the business may choose to recruit a recent graduate and take advantage of a support package that UCP provides to assist the graduate to be successful in the job role. For more information about the eligibility criteria, please visit ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ under the Graduates menu of the website http://www.unlockingcornishpotential.co.uk
• 12 months, This post is permanent for the right candidate
Vacancy Ref and How to Apply:
Please send a C.V and formal covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role to: Katie Rollason, Graduate Recruitment Officer quoting reference number JL/1840/P1196 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01209 616340 for more information. Please ensure you state the original source where you viewed this vacancy.
Closing date for applications: 22 June 2012
Interviews week beginning: 2 July 2012
Crantock’s Bakery Nr Newquay Cornwall TR9 6TF
Friday 22nd June 2012