Marketing & PR Manager - Event Cornwall - £18,000 per annum pro rata, (0.6 flexible hours to include some evening and weekend work)
Event Cornwall is looking to employ a graduate to bring their marketing and PR functions in-house to meet their developing needs for a pro-active, tailored marketing strategy.
Event Cornwall provides creative event management services throughout Cornwall and the South West and prides itself on offering an experienced, bespoke service with a creative and aspirational approach. They develop and deliver: launches, festivals, conferences, corporate hospitality, community events, private parties, screenings, theatre production, large-scale public events, trade fairs, exhibitions, music performances and sporting events...you name it, they can do it. Event Cornwall is a successful, vibrant company, committed to best practice with a can-do attitude.
• Develop and deliver a new Event Cornwall marketing plan, including carrying out market research in support of the plan and being responsible for the implementation of the plan.
• Co-ordinate Event Cornwall’s external communication materials, including maintaining an up to date website, co-ordinating social media and the production of e-bulletins, newsletters & other outputs, overseeing the production of marketing and display materials, project, service and organisational documentation, and generating publicity.
• Develop Event Cornwall’s press relationships and positive profile including issuing press releases to local and national media, maintaining Event Cornwall's presence in listings and developing media partnerships
• Develop and implement a re-brand for the company for national projects
• Identify, develop and implement new Event Cornwall development initiatives including our new event services offering, event marketing services and training provision.
• Oversee the development and maintenance of a contact management system and evidence of impact database.
Nature of Work
The successful graduate will assist the Directors in the development of Event Cornwall growth plans and will also take special responsibility for generating new ideas within this area of the business. This represents a fantastic opportunity for someone with limited knowledge to get hands on experience and training in marketing and management, event promotions, online marketing and social media. Training and mentoring will be available through the UCP programme to help develop knowledge and skills in key areas for the successful graduate to ensure their success.
• Degree level qualification in marketing, business or other relevant discipline
• Experience of and interest in event management
• An understanding of the needs of Event Cornwall's promotional activity and those of our clients and customers
• Outstanding and proven written, IT / new media / digital, verbal and interpersonal skills appropriate for communicating effectively with a wide range of people
• Ability to identify and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing initiatives against performance targets and standards
• Competence in multi-tasking and ability to use own initiative
• Ability to prioritise own work and manage time effectively
• Ability to work supportively and cooperatively within a small team
• Ability to work creatively within snug budgets
• Graduates must not have previously been supported in a UCP Graduate Placement programme*
• Experience of managing a successful project from start to finish
• Full clean driving license
• Proven skills and experience in development and implementation of organisation-appropriate marketing plan
• Graduates should ideally (but not necessarily) have graduated within the last 5 years and be unemployed or not fulfilling their graduate potential*
This position is supported by the Unlocking Cornish Potential (UCP) scheme. UCP is a graduate level placement scheme which works with businesses to recruit and support ongoing business development through the placement of a graduate. In some cases, the business may choose to recruit a recent graduate and take advantage of a support package that UCP provides to assist the graduate to be successful in the job role. For more information about the eligibility criteria, please visit ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ under the Graduates menu of the website http://www.unlockingcornishpotential.co.uk
Initially for 6 months but likely to convert in to a permanent position for the right candidate.
Vacancy Ref and How to Apply:
Please send a C.V and formal covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role to: Katie Rollason, Graduate Recruitment Officer quoting reference number AP/712/P113/UCP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01872 888089/ 07967 824493 for more information. Please ensure you state the original source where you viewed this vacancy.
Event Cornwall Limited, Godolphin House, 7&8 Cathedral Lane, Truro TR1 2QS
Wednesday 28th March 2012